Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I am so thrilled people are reading my blog! Plus dancing!




I have gotten a few comments on the blog from people I didn't know were reading it. This is such great news to me! I am always a little taken aback when I realize how my reactions to praise are still really the same as they were at 10 years old.

Anyway, I have a few Experiences from this summer I hadn't written about, so here is one.

Holly (you have read about her) took me (and all of our kids) to this great Mexican dance spot called Bovedas. For the uninitiated, a boveda is a type of arched brick ceiling where the ceiling supports itself. I have quite a few bovedas at my house (CasaColina), and there were quite a few at this dance spot.

However, the dance spot is not about the ceiling! We went there after a lovely party at the fabulous home (seriously, fabulous) of our friend CeCe Hetherington. Read that as we were looking very cute.

You probably know that Latino men are wonderful dancers. I would like to reference my friend Miguel Cortez from Colombia as proof of this. At any rate, we got quite a lot of dancing action at Bovedas. You won't see me, as I was taking the pictures. I would like you to take a moment to see how many different ages are represented in the photos. I love cross-generational parties!

The other thing that I feel compelled to mention is that I danced with the best lead of my entire life. Sorry, Miguel - you have been usurped. This man was a fabulous dancer, and really let me knew what we were going to do next. We were quite the pair!

Another very, very fun part of San Miguel. Where gringo and Mexican life overlap and coexist peacefully, and we can each experience the other culture. Which is pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment