Thursday, March 10, 2011

Springtime in San Miguel!


I arrived here last night. On the way from the airport, we stopped at the drive-through giant beer can (drove through the giant beer can?) and I bought myself a beer and the driver a water. Lucky man. That first sip of ice-cold Modelo after the plane trip is a lovely way I welcome myself to Mexico!
The weather is spectacular. The Jacarandas are coming into bloom. I will try to get a photo of them, but I only have my telephone with me, and it has been overexposing the photos.
HOWEVER, I did get a shot of what looked a lot like a Carneval celebration in the Jardin. I don't know whether it was something else, or whether San Miguel decided to ignore Lent. I did see ashes on foreheads last night, so I'm not sure what's going on. Come to think of it, none of the ashy foreheads were in San Miguel. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment